Monday, August 1, 2011

FarmVille - Day 30


I want to start off by saying that FarmVille has a bad rap. Even years after its release, I still hear people complaining about the game, but honestly I like it. It was simple, clean, and addictive. I guarantee you that most of the people who protest the game have never played it.


The social aspect of the game includes helping friends farms, sharing gifts, and receiving items to complete buildings. I know Zynga loves fishing for new players because they make it ungodly easy to share dinky useless items. It is the sharing aspect that most of my friends hate the most. Constantly being reminded that FarmVille has a gift for you can be a little much if your an avid Facebook user.

FarmVille (Home) - Day 30
 In the beginning, FarmVille is a numbers game. You plant the crops to get the most amount of money. Once you build up enough capitol, you can use it to buy pretty things for your farm. Here is a list I pulled off from farmvillegametips.

2 hours - 5.5 cents/hr raspberries
4 hours - 6.5 blueberries; 2.5 strawberries
6 hours - 3.3 aloe vera
8 hours - 7.25 tomatoes; 2.875 pumpkins
12 hours - 6.25 carrots; 3 rice
16 hours - 6.75 coffee
etc...

If you know anything about math, even though coffee yields 6.75 money per hour, you can grow 8 crops of raspberries in the time it takes to grow one crop of coffee. Even though coffee has the highest rate of cents per hour, the raspberries have the potential to be more profitable. I clocked switching up my crops at about 6 minutes. That's about the time it takes for a medium sized farm to be harvested, cleaned, and re-planted (If you have fuel and some of the farm vehicles, you can cut that 6 minutes down into 1 minute). This is fine if you can log into FarmVille every 2 hours, which I cannot. Basically, the more you play, the more money you can make, which is probably the reason why the game is so addicting.

In FarmVille, you can use the money you gain from crops, or you can use "Farm Cash" which is the paid in game currency, which runs about $10 for 55 Farm Cash. That's about 18¢ per dollar of Farm Cash, which is a better ratio than the other game, but don't worry, Zynga is doing just fine. They grabbed 20 Farm Cash from me because I wasn't paying attention. I performed a free dart game, and it asked me to play again, but I did not notice the "for 20 Farm Cash" in tiny print below the play button. Most of my money went into finishing my crafting silo, which I never ended up using, and on some decorations for the farm.

FarmVille (English) - Day 30
I have thoroughly enjoyed my English farm. Not only do I get new crops and English aesthetics, I get new buildings like the brewery that allowed me to turn crops into fuel for my vehicles.

After 30 days, I felt very accomplished with the game, and had fun beautifying the farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment