Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Fishkeeping: Day 15, Part 2 - Welcome to the new Fish!

On day 15, I made a secret trip to a secret place to do some secret mischievous Fishkeeping things. Things like buying more fish!

I went to my local fish store (LFS) and picked up 3 Pearl Danio's and 5 Black molly's. I wanted to get some Zebra Danio's, but I did a good scan of the tank and found a dead one floating, and decided it was not worth the risk. One the other hand the black molly's had spawned. If they were comfortable enough to spawn, I felt like they would be a good bet.

Once I got them home, I did a quick water change because I knew the numbers were going to be high, and I didn't want the new fish to be traumatized.

I put the bag from the fish store in the tank to gradually change the water temperature and get the fish used to it. After about 15 - 20 minutes, I netted them out of the bag and put them in my tank. Last but not least I dropped some stress coat and ammo lock in the tank to make them feel better.


(PHOTO'S)
Water levels before putting fish in tankGetting the fish used to water temp
Without FlashWith Flash
Pearl Danio'sPearl Danio's
BenderPearl Danio

No comments:

Post a Comment